Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My First Laundry Disaster

Since we're posting all our firsts on this blog, I might as well include my first (and hopefully my last!) laundry disaster.

Yep, the thing that I feared the most has already happened. No, the washing machine did not explode (thank god!), but one of my shirts was almost torn into shreds.

Nabutas sya!

Here's a closer look at the damage.


So now I mourn the demise of my new (wore it only once!) Zara shirt. I shouldn't feel too bad since I got it on sale -- but that's thing! This shirt is a super rare find! I got it for only 390baht from the original price of 990baht! Good thing I bought two (this one's grey, the other one's cream). This is one instance where it really pays to buy duplicates! When I see something that I really like, I buy in different colors but only if it's cheap.
But the weird thing is, the other shirts that I washed along with it were not damaged at all. So I'm not really sure if it's the washing machine's fault or if the shirt was damaged already before I even washed it. Hmmm...



3 comments:

Diwata said...

Hi Krisan...

At least you got the chance to wear it to the crocodile farm and take a photo wearing it. It is a very pretty dress. and I could not think of anyway to repai it so you could use it to go out again. It will make a very nice house shirt.... ;-)Dee

Diwata said...

oops... edit...repair...

Domestic Goddess said...

Hi Teacher Dee! Yeah nga good thing nakuhanan na ng picture. First and last time na pala yun. Haha! Too bad that the shirt is beyond repair. I'm just hoping that they will have another sale soon. Haha!