Thursday, April 10, 2008

Alyannah's New School

The Thai Immigration trip was rescheduled the following day. Again, we woke up early, ate a quick breakfast and got dressed (this is the first time that we're going to meet my husband's co-workers and we want to look decent. Haha!)



I also got the chance to chat with the other mommies on the ride back to Oakwood. Ruby, a Malaysian, was one of them and she told me that the best time to look for a school was now since the next school year will start on August.

Following her advice, Yan and I went to inquire at New Sathorn International School (NSIS). It's a short walk from our place, making it our one and only choice for Yan's school.

Here is a photo that I got from their website...




This is NSIS. The red building at the back is Oakwood.
NSIS has a special program called ESL (English as a Second Language), which supports students who have little or zero english language skills. Great! I was starting to worry for my little girl. She's not used to interacting with foreigners yet. When she was playing with the Malaysian kids on the ride back home, I'd have to remind her from time to time to speak in English because she'd talk to them in Tagalog and they'd have this funny expression on their faces whenever she does that! Tony from admissions also said that they have Filipino students and Filipino assistant teachers. That's just perfect!
I'm glad I took Ruby's advice! Tony told me that there are only five slots remaining in Kinder 3 so I need to submit the requirements ASAP!



Yan is excited about her new school!







No comments: