Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Krisan's DIY Hair Color

I was looking at myself in the mirror the other day and I suddenly realized that it's been a while since I last visited a salon. My hair color needs retouching (badly!), I haven't had a manicure + pedicure in three weeks (yikes!), and no massage in almost a month (OMG)!!


Back in Manila, a manicure, pedicure and massage was a weekly must -- it's part of my monthly budget! When I first moved to Richard's house in Sta. Rosa after we got married last year, the first thing that I looked for was the nearest salon and spa. Eventually, I met Amor, my manicurist who comes to the house every week to do my nails. It has even come to a point when she would text me to remind me that it's time for my next session! So you can just imagine how happy I was when I found out that there's a spa in our building. I was thinking that God must really love me for putting me in an apartment that has its own spa! But my happy bubble burst -- or should I say, was smashed to a million pieces when I saw their rates. They charge 400baht for manicure alone, 500baht for the pedicure, and the cheapest massage cost 2,500baht! Unbelievable! That's like my budget for an entire month! In Manila, you can get a massage for Php500, manicure and pedicure for Php100 each!




I'm still looking for a good salon where I can have my hair done, but there's no rush since I'm planning to grow out my hair anyway. However, I really, really need to do something about my hair color. Think the last time I had it colored was before our wedding. I cannot walk around BKK with a two-tone hair color! So I decided to buy one of those hair coloring kits that you can do at home. Since my hair's still short, I figured it will be easy to apply.
I chose Schwarzkopf golden brown because it was on sale (199baht only!). Plus, I think this is the brand that they use in some of the salons in Manila so it sounded like the safest choice for me.
Here are the contents of the kit.
My hair before -- notice that the hair on the top of my head is black, while the lower half is brown...
...during -- need to wait for 30 minutes before I rinse out the color...
...and after coloring. Buti na lang hindi pumalpak. Hehe!
One down, two more to go! Next is manicure and massage, but both need to be done by a pro. My Lolo Pete used to tell me the importance of having nice hands and clean fingernails because some people judge you just by looking at them. He has one of the nicest pair of hands I've ever seen! With this in mind, I think I should go to the mall pronto!




No comments: