Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aly's Store

In a small corner in our kitchen, we have what we call Aly's store.  This is where we keep all our snacks and goodies.  Heehee!
a
a
Aly's store.  Heehee!  The top layer is where we put our bread, sandwich spreads, opened bags of chips (which I keep closed using binder clips from the office supplies section), Lock n' lock containers with biscuits and nuts, coffee maker and sandwich toaster.  
a
a
And yes, we have two kinds of bread at home: white bread with no crusts for Aly and wheat bread for me and Richard.  Bigla kasing nagbago ang taste ni Aly.  It's like she woke up one day and decided that she doesn't like the crusts on her bread anymore.  If she slices the crusts off herself, wala ng natitira sa tinapay.  Thank goodness for those crustless ones!  We also have two kinds of peanut butter: Goober Grape for me and Aly; plain for Richard.  Hay!  This small family of three is quite demanding ha!  Mommy has to cope with all those requests!
a
a
The middle layer has cereal, chips, candy (in plastic containers), soda water for Richard's drinks and some of my baking supplies at the back. 
a
a
Shhh!  Don't tell my mom that I have a stash of chips at home.  Heehee!  But I have a good reason for that.  We stock up on Lay's sour cream n' onion chips because they are not always available in our suking 7-11 or at Top's Supermarket.  We don't like naman the other flavors like seaweed, squid...para syang ginto so we kinda hoard when we see it.
a
a
The bottom layer has plastic bins for my baking stuff like pans, food color cupcake liner, cookie cutter...This is also where I keep my paper towels.  I also have another plastic bin with more chips and chocolates.
a
a
Richard brought home our favorite Chippy for pasalubong.  Notice that we have two kinds of Chippy as well: red for Aly, blue for me.  Demanding talaga!
a
a
Speaking of snacks, I want to share with you the one that I am currently addicted to:
a
a
Manora fried shrimp chips.  
a
a
This is a local brand.  It's kinda like kropek but with a spicy kick (as expected with Thai food).  I learned about this through my friend Rose.  She served these when we were at her house and I can't stop thinking about them since then!  She bought me a few bags when we were at the lunch market and it has been a grocery staple from then on.  I prefer the smaller bags, though because once I open them, I can't stop eating!  Haha!
a
a
There you have it: our three-tiered happy corner at home.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: