Thursday, March 24, 2011

Field Trip, Bottled Water and Why Husbands Can't Do Grocery Shopping

Aly's class was scheduled for a field trip yesterday but the weather was terrible when we woke up.  There was too much rain and some areas were flooded so the school decided to cancel.  I can just imagine the kids' disappointment.  Poor babies!  But it's all for the best.  If the weather was terrible, I'm sure the traffic will be horrible.  Worse, what will happen when they're in the middle of the expressway and you've got a van full of kids who need to take a bathroom break?  Yikes!
a
a
Anyway, the night before the field trip, I asked Richard to help Aly buy her baon. I wasn't able to go to the supermarket that day because I wasn't feeling well.  I asked them to buy the smallest bottled water they can find and this is what they brought home with them:
a
a
He bought Evian. At Thb40 per bottle.  Really now?
a
a
I didn't know if I was going to get mad or laugh, but I ended up laughing.  First of all, Aly wouldn't mind how much her water costs.  Her only concern is the taste.  She wants the clean, distilled water type taste, not the mineral water/buko juice type.  Plus, regular bottled water here costs Thb10-15 and they have many varieties too.  But with all the options out there, the hubby zeroes in on this.  Haha!  Ano pa kaya if he does our weekly shopping?  Patay ang budget!  Heehee!  Love you, sweetie!  This is why grocery shopping is my turf.  Ha!  Akala mo naman budget expert ako.  


  

No comments: