Tuesday, March 8, 2011

La Monita

According to CNNGo, La Monita has the best burrito in Bangkok.  I had a craving for Mexican food that has yet to be satisfied so I met my friend Jennet here for our regular weekday lunch. The food was really, really good!  The best Mexican I've had in Bangkok!  Jennet and I loved the food so much that we couldn't wait to bring our hubbies because we knew that they would love it here too.  Unfortunately, they are not open on Sundays so your best shot for a family lunch/dinner would have to be on a Saturday.  I brought Aly and Richard as soon as I could.
a
a
We had nachos with salsa for appetizer.
a
a
I remember telling Richard, "nachos pa lang, panalo na!"  Because they use real corn chips.  The other Mexican place that we used to go to doesn't use corn chips.
a
a
At first I wasn't sure if he will like the food as much as I do, but he loved it!  He doesn't want to go back to our old Mexican place anymore.  For him, it's La Monita or nothing when it comes to Mexican food.
a
a
She loved the nachos too!
a
a
We were the first customers that time (Saturday lunch), but the place was packed by 12:30.  Richard was impressed!
a
a
Richard loved these: three kinds of chili sauce.
a
a
Aly loved her cheese quesadilla.  We haven't finished our food yet and she was already asking me when we can go back there to eat.  Haha!
a
a
Richard and I shared the pork carnitas tacos.  Super good!
a
a
We also shared the beef steak burrito.  The best! 
a
a
We left the place happy and completely satisfied.  We were on a Mexican high!  I'm glad that my recommendation was a success.  Uh oh, I'm thinking about those burritos now.  Looks like this Saturday is going to be another Mexican lunch day :) 
a
a
La Monita is at Mahatun Plaza, BTS Ploenchit station.  

No comments: