Monday, March 14, 2011

Instax

It all started when we attended baby Nate's baptism, where at the reception, Danny whipped out this bulky camera that looked like a toy and started taking photos of the guests.  It was the cutest camera that I've ever seen!  Gosh, I want!   
a
a
Our photo souvenir from baby Nate's baptism.
a
a
It also caught Aly's eye because the camera was pink.  Hehe!  We asked about the camera.  It was a Fuji Instax.  Like a modern day version of the Polaroid from my childhood.
a
a
My baby photo on Polaroid + Dymo label -- "cutting edge" technology at that time.
a
a
Turns out the Instax is quite affordable at around Thb3,000 (Php4,220) but it's only now that I found the perfect excuse reason to buy.  Richard and I got one as a gift for Aly :)
a
a
Aly's pink Instax.
a
a
Some of the test shots that we took yesterday.
a
a
She took these.  Bravo, Aly!
a
a
And I took these.  The first shot on the left had the wrong setting so it was dark.  Eeep!  Mas magaling pa si Aly kumuha.  Haha!  
a
a
The Instax can only use these.  Each pack contains ten sheets of film.  The regular ones cost Thb270 (Php378).  Decorated ones are more expensive.
a
a
Our first photo on Aly's Instax.
a
a
In this age of digicams and unlimited shots that you can easily delete with the press of a button, the Instax may seem like a step backwards with its limited film but these babies are so much fun!  I'm excited to see the photos that Aly will be taking with them.




No comments: