Friday, March 25, 2011

More On Aly's Birthday Preps

So we bought the gifts already.  This week, I worked on decorations.  We're planning to put them up tonight for maximum exposure.  Haha!  Here's a sneak peek on Aly's birthday banner.
a
a
Materials: pink and purple cardboard (cartolina), craft scissors, glue, pencil + colored pens.
a
a
These are all proudly handmade!  Aly helped me cut the triangles.  I drew all the letters myself (all that doodling during Filipino class in high school are starting to pay off haha!).
a
a
I decorated each letter with this year's theme: flowers and butterflies :)
a
a
Doing these handmade banners is not easy and it's a lot of work.  It took me 2-3 days to finish them (I can only work on them for a couple of hours each day) and at the end of each day, my hands would hurt a little.  But I just can't bring myself to shell out Thb300-500 for a birthday banner when I know that I can make one at a fraction of the cost.  Times like these, I really miss SM and National Bookstore back home.  They have everything there at a much cheaper price!  Then again, even with those around, I know I'd still make these myself.  I'm just glad I'm blessed with the knowhow.
a
a
Aly's birthday is two days away.  I'm so excited!!





No comments: