Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Aly's Phone

Richard and I made a decision to give Aly a mobile phone.  I know you might think she's too young to have her own phone and it may look to some like we're spoiling her but you'll be surprised at how kids now are totally different from our time.  They're more high-tech.  Plus, we didn't really buy her a new unit, she's using my old phone.  All we had to do was buy her a SIM card.  So there was no spoiling involved.
a
a
I got the idea when I was teaching Aly how to operate my phone.  I thought I'd teach her how to call or text daddy in case of an emergency where mommy won't be able to call or text daddy herself.  She got the hang of it so for practice, I'd let her answer the phone when I'm busy in the kitchen.  There was also one time when I was supposed to pick her up but I was stuck in traffic.  When that happens, I usually call one of the mommies but I get dyahe so I asked Richard if it's ok to let Aly bring her own phone to school.  So there.
a
a
It's funny how we'd sometimes text each other even when we're on opposite ends of the apartment.  Heehee!  She's excited like that.  There are also times when I'd catch her tinkering with her phone, playing Snake or changing the wallpaper...it really makes me smile.  She looks all grown up.  Haha!
a
a
Yesterday, as I was about to pick her up from school, I received this message:
a
a
Haha!  Did I make a mistake by giving her a phone?  I wasn't late or anything, I was a few steps away from school when she sent me this message.  Demanding lang sya talaga.
a
a
But it all changed when that evening, Richard showed me this message from his princess:
a
a
I love it!  I love how father and daughter are exchanging text messages now.  Richard loves her sentence construction.  Hindi daw sya jejemon.  Haha!  I told him she doesn't know textspeak to begin with.
a
a
Isn't she the cutest?  She really is no longer a baby.  She's a little person now.




No comments: