Friday, March 4, 2011

A Shopping Related Injury

The weird thing is, I didn't do any actual mall shopping.  I got my "injury" from internet shopping.  Read on.
a
a
I've been avoiding the malls this week because I'm having another bad case of product lust (damn you, MAC Wonder Woman collection!  I want a piece of you so bad!).  That and cosmetic addiction.  Tsk...tsk...pretty lethal combination there and bad for the wallet.  My credit card is actually getting more exercise than me!  Picture this: I have a Clinique member card where you collect points with every purchase.  If you collect 30,000 points at the end of the year (Jan-Dec 2011), you will receive a premium gift.  We're only on the third month and I've collected almost half.  Yikes!  Very, very bad for the Valdez economy!  So I stay away from the malls like I'm going to set on fire the minute I step through the doors.  Haha!
a
a
From Monday to Thursday, I just stayed at home -- except for Tuesday because it's grocery day.  But I didn't buy any cosmetics promise!  By Wednesday, I was having a withdrawal of sorts so I did a little bit of window shopping on the internet.  One site led to another until I found myself spending hours on ebay.  Yes, HOURS!  Uh, oh...I was looking at products, comparing prices, computing shipping vis-a-vis checking credit card balance/cut-off date and what excuse/drama will I present to my husband this time around.  Haha!  But I didn't buy anything...yet.  Kaya lang, with all those mouse-clicking and typing that I did all afternoon, my right wrist began to hurt.
a
a
 Ayan kasi!
a
a
I think this is what they call Carpal Tunnel.  I'm not really sure.  But my wrist hurt like hell!  I had to go down to the neighborhood drugstore at 8pm (I don't normally leave the house in the evening) just to look for a bandage to relieve the pain.
a
a
The next day, nainis ako.  I finally bought the stuff that I wanted to buy on ebay.  Sayang naman at nagkasakit-sakit pa yung kamay ko sa kakatingin so binili ko na.  
a
a
Hindi talaga nakatiis!  Kahit masakit ang kamay.
a
a
But I was still going crazy from lack of mall action physical activity.  Richard suggested that I go to the mall and leave my credit card at home so I won't be tempted to spend.  I said I can't do that.  He said I have a monthly allowance naman so I can use cash.  Ayoko, kasi baka maubos agad.  First week of March pa lang.  Stress!  I think he finally gave up and told me to go out and do what I want.  I guess he'd rather deal with the credit card bill than try to appease his wife who's on the verge of insanity.  So I did just that.  Masunuring asawa ako eh.  So today, Friday, I went to the lunch market and went home with three new lipsticks and a blush.  Heehee!  Balewala rin.
a
a
Lesson learned:  If I didn't try abstain from shopping, I wouldn't hurt my wrist.  I therefore conclude that shopping is really good for my health.  Haha!

No comments: