Thursday, March 17, 2011

Paper Animals

One of the projects that Aly and I worked on were these paper animals.  She volunteered to help her teacher make them for their class presentation on Chapel day.  The fact that she volunteered to do this project was a milestone for us.  I used to think my Aly was the type of student who would just sit in the background and observe. Obviously, I was wrong.  I love her involvement in their class activity.  Kaya kahit masakit ulo ko that day and I was really looking forward to an afternoon nap, I had to brush my headache aside to help Aly.
a
a
I don't have superb drawing skills.  I can't draw things from scratch.  I do, however, have excellent copying skills.  Haha!  We searched Aly's books for the easiest animals that we can copy.  I don't like complicated drawings with shading, shadowing and stuff.  Hindi kaya ng powers ko.  I prefer the one-dimensional, cartoon-like drawings.  So this is what we came up with:
a
a
Our paper animals.  Pardon the grainy photos.  These were taken using my phone.
a
a
Some of my favorites include:
a
a
The purple elephant.
a
a
The penguin.  
Aly colored them with crayons and I love how it turned out.
a
a
The dove.  
I love the simplicity of this one.
a
a
The octopus.  
a
a
Check out the detail.
a
a
The ostrich.
a
a  
There were some animals that took more time to finish because I decided to add more details. I used the leftover cardboard (didn't want to waste them!), cut them into small pieces to come up with fish scales and feathers.
a
a
a
The parrot.
a
a
a
The fish.
a
a
a
Another bird.
a
a
a
A hummingbird.
a
a
I had fun making these!  And my headache did go away.  Thank goodness!  But the part that I like most was I made Aly happy.  Yeah, I spoil her like that.  She enjoyed making the project as well.  She thanked me with a big hug and a big kiss.  Sigh...the perks of being a mom!  Don't you just love it?

No comments: