Friday, March 11, 2011

Old Family Photos

Since I mentioned Aly's Family Timeline Project, allow me to share with you some of the photos that she's going to share with her classmates.  Again, thank you, mommy, Angel + Jof for helping us with the photos!
a
a
Baby Pictures
a
a
My mom when she was a baby with my lola Nene (left), lolo Pete (right) and my lola's tita in the middle.  Aly said lola Aple's eyes here are exactly the same as her lola's eyes now.  Heehee!
a
a
Mom when she was a toddler.  I love this photo.  I have a beautiful lola.
a
a
With my mommy when I was a baby :)
a
a
Trivia: my name was originally spelled Chrisanne (Christine and Anne combined).  My mom had a small business before and she named it after me.  But that was the time before computers and printers so she had to write all the labels by hand.  Tinamad si mother sa haba ng name ko so Chrisanne became Krisan.  Heehee!
a
a
With my lolo Pete.
a
a
Aly's baby picture.
a
a
Wedding photos
a
a
Lolo Pete and lola Nene's wedding, December 21, 1957.
a
a
Mom and dad, April 9, 1978.
a
a
With my grandparents on both sides.
a
a
I just realized now that mom and dad's wedding motif is pink and purple.  Our wedding was a shade of purple too!  How cool is that?
a
a
Dancing on our wedding.  Aly and I love this!
a
a
Family photos
a
a
From left: tito Jun, tito Vicstan, lolo Pete, lola Nene, Mom and tita Papot.
a
a
The kiddos: Chig, Mick, Angel and I with lolo Pete and lola Nene.
a
a
Lolo Pete.  Always handsome and impeccably dressed.
a
a
Artifacts - little pieces of our family's history.
a
a
a
Lolo Pete's accordion.
a
a
My lolo's library at his home office, where my cousins and I would hang out to read while lolo was typing his legal documents.
a
a
Encyclopedia.  Gosh, it sounds so ancient now!
a
a
Mom and dad's wedding cord and arrhae...
a
a
a
...that Richard and I borrowed for our wedding.  We believe that by using these, the same kind of luck and blessings that mom and dad had would rub off on our marriage as well.  So far, so good!
a
a
Lola's earrings, which she wore on mom and dad's wedding...
a
a
...are the same earrings that I wore on our wedding.
a
a
I love looking at old family photos.  But what I love more is how Aly's eyes seem to brighten up when she looks at them and hears the stories behind them.  She loves history too. 


No comments: