Sunday, June 22, 2008

Form vs Function

Once again, I found myself in a situation where I had to choose between form and function. Remember my rubber shoes dilemma (previous post, Krisan's Fitness Program) where I had to choose between cute-rubber-shoes-at-regular-price and ok-na-rubber-shoes-at-40%-off? Same thing happened to me today when Richard bought me a cellphone at MBK.

Oops, FYI to my friends back home, my globe phone is now with my sister. Ang mahal kasi ng roaming plus, sayang naman yung monthly so I loaned it to Angel. I will not post my new number here, but I will send you sms or email soon!

Ok, back to my story...Richard's budget was THB5,000, but I thought it was too much so I set my own budget at THB2,000. I wanted a MotoRazr, but it was more than 2K. Lungkot! So we searched the entire floor, hoping that we can find a better deal on the Razr, pero wala talaga. So Richard said if that's the phone that I really want, then I can buy it. But I was hesitating, weighing my options. Hmmm...cute-over-the-budget cellphone, or pwede-na-within-the-budget phone? I mean, do I really need a nice, expensive phone? Si Richard lang naman ang tatawagan ko. I don't need hi-tech features either because I don't really get to use them. I just need a cellphone so I can call or text my husband when I'm meeting him at the mall or something. So I settled for the cheapest Nokia cellphone that the saleslady gave me and I have never been happier and more proud of my shopping find.
a
a
Meet my new Nokia 1650. I chose the red one because the black one looks like a toy! Hehe!
a
a
We got this for only THB1,700 -- at brand new siya, hindi second hand. It has fantastic features (which I won't be using anyway) like built-in FM radio, flashlight (how cool is that?) and a spreadsheet that can help you keep track of your daily expenses. Bastos, dba? Richard said this phone is so perfect for me. Who would think I would end up with a phone with such features?
a
We bought a prepaid SIM card for THB50, and load, so our total bill was only THB2,050. Ang saya!
a
Rates here in BKK are very cheap! Local calls are THB1 per minute. When you send sms to an international number, they charge you only THB7 per message. It's way cheaper than Globe where they charge you PHP20 per message! How cool is that?
a
Nothing beats a great bargain!


No comments: