My daughter is a total diva when it comes to eating. There are days when she will eat anything and there are also days when she's very picky about what she wants to eat. It can be very stressful and frustrating for both Richard and me, so on days when we don't want any drama, we make her eat the only meal on this planet that she will not say no to -- fried chicken. Obviously, we cannot let her eat fried chicken forever so we want to expose Yan to different kinds of food. An answered prayer came in the form of the morning snack and lunch that her new school provides. At least when she's in school, she cannot make angal like what she does at home. Plus, it's a lot easier when she's with other kids because they tend to copy each other. So, if all of them are eating pork or veggies, she'll be ganado to eat them too. Here is a sample of the items on their weekly menu:
- Sandwiches & cantaloupe melon,
- Crackers with cheese & pineapple,
- Cornflakes & dragon fruit.
- Pasta with tuna and vegetables in tomato sauce, garlic toast, carrot & cucumber sticks.
- Tofu soup, noodles with pork, steamed rice, bok choi.
- Vegetable soup, fish in batter, mashed potato or steamed rice, cauliflower cheese.
- Strawberry yoghurt,
- Watermelon sorbet,
- Vanilla ice cream.
At least I'm confident that Yan is eating right. I'm hoping too that my girl will say goodbye to fried chicken soon!