Monday, August 4, 2008

Mommy's Leche Flan

Last week, I had a sudden craving for sweets so I decided to try out my mommy's leche flan recipe. Since I didn't have any lanera at home, my next option would be to use ramekins, but I didn't have them either so I dug up our old glasses in our storeroom.
a
a
a
a
When you're using a lanera, you can caramelize the sugar by putting the pan directly on top of the stove, but since I'm using a glass, I made the syrup separately and poured it on top of the cooked leche flan. I only used five eggs for this batch and I was able to make four of these but one of the glasses cracked -- probably due to the heat.
a
It wasn't as good as my mom's leche flan, pero pwede na rin! For my next attempt, I'll be better equipped and hopefully, the result will be better :)
a

No comments: