Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Domestic Goddess Gets Martha Stewart-ish

This is what happens when you have a lot of free time -- I turned trash into pieces of art (that's how I see it). See, I have a couple of drinking glasses with cracks on them that are hidden at the farthest end of the cupboard. I just didn't want to throw them away that time so I kept them, not because I was hoping that the cracks will go away by themselves, but because I was hoping that I might be able to use them in the future. So one day, when I was bit by the Martha Stewart bug and I got all creative and crafty, I turned them into hairbrush and pen holders.

Here's the pen holder...





...which I made from a glass that looked like this...





...with some tacky glue and leftover yarn from Richard's birthday, I turned it into this.





Now, we don't have to search the drawer for a pen whenever we need to write down something. Now for the hair brush holder...
...before...
...after...
...voila!
Neat!
a
The best part is, I was able to save money because now I don't have to buy a pen and hair brush holder anymore! How cool is that?


No comments: