Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reality Check

Richard came home the other day with some disturbing news. He was talking to some of his colleagues from Toyota Sta. Rosa that afternoon and he found out that most of them no longer bring their own car to work; they take the company shuttle instead. They even said that road traffic has drastically improved and malls are not as crowded as they used to be; all because of the rising oil prices. Gosh, it's that bad, huh? I mean these guys have always driven their own cars to work and for them to take the shuttle must mean that oil prices are definitely sky high.
a
My mom also mentioned to me one time that there are some gas stations that have a Php200 minimum. Gone are the days when you can get gas for only Php100. When I was in college, I had a classmate whose dad works for Shell and he told me that there is a possibility that fuel price might hit Php25 per liter. "That's absurd", I told him. It's impossible and it won't happen. Well, look at the fuel prices now. They're way beyond Php25! And I'm not that old, ha. Mabilis lang talaga tumaas ang presyo.
a
Speaking of old, it's my best friend Pat's birthday today!! Happy birthday, Pat! I'm not saying you're old (because it's like saying I'm old too), you're just turning a year older today and you still look fab! I love you!
a
While I feel lucky that we are not directly affected by the rising price of everything (thanks to our expat privileges), I can't help but worry about our family, relatives and friends back home. We hope that you are all coping well with this situation and let's pray that things will start looking up soon.

2 comments:

teacherpat said...

Thanks Kris! Ofcourse we're not that old, 23 pa lang tayo, diba... hahahahaha.

Domestic Goddess said...

Hahaha! Correct!