Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Weird Weather in BKK

Bangkok has been experiencing some weird weather lately. Mornings are usually bright, sunny and perfect for doing laundry but by lunchtime, the sky suddenly turns dark and gloomy. There are times when the sun will shine the whole day, then it will rain the entire night.


Yesterday afternoon, this is what we saw...


A huge mass of heavy rain clouds looming over our apartment building. It's like watching Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers.




Here you can see the edge of the rain cloud.
a
a
It was an awesome sight. Reminds me of the scene at War of the Worlds, the part with the weird storm and the big ass lightnings that brought the aliens to earth.
a
I think I'm watching too much tv. Perhaps I should just stick to the soap operas and sitcoms so I won't freak out much.



No comments: