Friday, November 19, 2010

My New Hobby

I told you all about the first bib necklace that I made.  So I turned it into a hobby.  My new hobby is not just a creative outlet; it's therapeutic as well.  Sitting down on my favorite chair at home and doing bead work relaxes me.  I love how it keeps me off the malls while making me more productive so it's win-win for everyone.  Haha!  I'm also happy that Richard and Aly support me 100%.  Richard calls my necklaces my masterpiece and he encourages me to make more, while Aly helps by naming the pieces that I made. 
a
a
The one that started it all: this is the first piece that I made for my mom which I posted here and on Facebook.  I was encouraged to give it a go after getting positive feedback from my friends.
a
a  
Aly calls this the Purple W Rainbow necklace.  W is for white daw.
a
a
Wat-Rock Rain-Rain. 
a
a
Aly has't named this yet, but it's made of turquoise and silver beads.
a
a
Squarey Black-Black and Rocky-Rock Silbe.
a
a
At this point, I just have to say: don't ask me how she came up with the names, but I'm guessing that's her jazzed up way of describing the pieces that go into each necklace.  Heehee!
a
a
Bambora Rainora.
a
a
Rainbeda Bambi.
a
a
I made this one for myself: Black-Silvery Gold necklace.
a
a
Took it out for a spin yesterday to see how it will hold up.
a
a
I wore it with pride :)  Like a medal.  Haha!
a
a
I also made one for Aly, of course.
a
a
She calls it Crack-Blue Goldy-Silver.
a
a
I also made necklaces with beads.  The one on the lower right is a super long chain with the evil eye pendant that I bought during our last trip to Pattaya.
a
a
I love these two chunky ones which you can wear two ways: individually or you can pile them on.  I wore them the other day sans earrings.
a
a
These necklaces are for sale, by the way.  Except for the bead necklaces.  They're for my personal collection.  
a
a
More photos of the bib necklaces here.

No comments: