Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Training Myself to Wear High Heels Again

I used to wear high heels to work almost everyday.  I can stand/walk around in them all day, from morning till night; from event set-up to the after party.  And since I was working, I used to wear make-up every day too.  Oh, how I miss those more glamorous days.  Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, my high-heeled shoes have taken a back seat for the more comfortable ones.  In fact, I've been living in my Fitflops since the day the hubby bought them.
a
a
Mother's day gift: Fitflops + pedi from Richard.
a
a
I wore them when we were moving to another apartment.  This photo was taken at our old unit.
a
a
At the train station.
a
a
I practically never took them off since the day I got them.  They are the most comfortable footwear ever!  My Fitflops and I have been to many places together: Chatuchak, Chinatown, the lunch market, Paragon, Emporium...You can walk great distances in them and you will never feel pain on your feet.  Swear!  
a
a
I love my Fitflops to bits, no doubt about that.  But they're beginning to show signs of wear and tear.  Richard offered to buy me a new pair, but I told him that one pair is enough for me.  I know it sounds crazy to resist such offer but I still have other shoes in my closet.  
a
a
Although for now, I'm still favoring flats over heels.
a
a
But I want to put some glam back into my life so I'm training myself to wear high heels again.  I brought out some of my pairs and wear them at home.  I know it sounds silly but there's no better place to practice than home.  At least if I make a boo boo, no one else will see me.  Heehee!  Wedges are a good way to start, by the way, because they are more stable.
a
a
I think I should train harder.  Mom bought me a pair of Michael Kors and if I remember the photo correctly, they're going to be the highest pair that I will ever own.  *gulp*  I can't wait!  I think I should train with the one that I saw in Zara last week.  Heehee!



No comments: