Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Zara Shoe Chase

Ok, there may not have been any actual running involved because everyone knows I can't and won't run to save my life.
a
a
But first, what shoe am I talking about anyway?
a
a
Zara platform sandals in black.  Aly calls them my rock 'n roll shoes.  
a
a
I first spotted this pair two weeks ago at their Central World branch and it was lust at first sight.  They had plenty of pairs in stock at that time so I thought I can just come back next week and if I still want them, I'll buy them.  One week later, I visited them again but this time at their Emporium branch.  She was still there and they still had lots in stock.  Still, I thought, no rush; I'll come back during the week to buy them.  Big mistake.
a
a
Three days later, I finally decided to go and buy.  So off I went to Zara in Siam Paragon.  I was confident that they, too will be well-stocked like the two branches that I visited in the last two weeks. I circled the shop twice and no sign of the shoe.  On my third try, I had to look at the farthest end of one shoe rack.  Alas!  They only had three pairs in stock and none in my size.  *Panic!*
a
a
So I brisk-walked my way to the nearest branch, Central World, thinking that they probably had more in stock than Paragon.  But no, Central World branch had only four pairs left and none of them in my size.  WTH!  I asked the SA to call their Emporium branch to check if they still have my size.  And they did!  *Relief*  I can either wait until they deliver the shoe to Central World the next day or head to Emporium to get them myself.  I told him to tell Emporium branch to put my shoe on hold; I'm getting them later that day.
a
a
So I brisk-walked my way back to Paragon (thank goodness I was wearing my Fitflops!) to ride the train to Emporium.  Ten minutes later, I was trying them on.  Turns out, it was the last pair in my size.  And Emporium branch had only four pairs in stock as well.  Hooboy!    
a
a
What's up with this shoe anyway?  Well, I've never owned a pair in this style before and I thought it would be a nice change to my usual shoe choices.  Also, Preview Magazine editors wore the same shoe during Philippine Fashion Week.  So I was completely sold on that. And the best part is the price: it's only Thb1,990 (Php2,900).  Compared to the usual prices in Zara, this shoe is definitely a steal!  No wonder it was selling so fast!  That's one more reason why I wanted it more: the challenge.  I had so many chances to buy but I didn't and I almost lost it.
a
a
Gosh, the lengths that I will go to for a shoe!  Even if I had my Fitflops on, my legs started to ache when I got home.  The pain got worse when I woke up the next day.  Huhu!  Nevertheless, I am very lucky and super happy I got my shoe :)
a
a
Before I end this post, let's have another look at my new baby.
a
a
Channeling Jimmy Choo ad campaign here.  Minus the long and slender legs nga lang.  But we all know those ads have been Photoshopped anyway.  Heehee!
a
a
I'm so in-love with the sexy heels!
a
a
I can't wait to wear them :)



No comments: