Thursday, November 25, 2010

Richard's Work

My man, THE man :)
a
a
Friends on Facebook are posting stuff about Thanksgiving today and I was inspired to make one for our blog because we have a lot to be thankful for -- on top of which is Richard's work.  If you've been following this blog, you'd notice my numerous posts about Aly, her antics and my cooking/shopping adventures...not a lot has been said about the hubby -- I know, my bad!  In reality, Richard prefers to just watch me and Aly from the sidelines.  He would always say that he's happy knowing that Aly and I are happy with whatever we're doing.  But it's time that he step into the limelight.  He is, after all, the reason why we're here in Bangkok.  
a
a
Since we moved here to Bangkok, I have witnessed the many blessings and great opportunities that Richard had with his work: his promotion, the many business trips that he took (some of them were on an overnight basis only just so he could represent TMAP-EM in a meeting); the rare opportunity to shake hands with the grandson of Toyota's big, big, boss and #1 man, Mr. Toyoda; pats on the back and praises from the Japanese for a job well done...and just recently, another extension on his assignment here in Bangkok.  Most Intra-Company Transferees (ICT) like him are given two-year contracts and if I'm not mistaken, he's the first ICT to be given a four-year contract so I'm really proud of the hubby :)
a
a
We are truly blessed and grateful for Richard's work.  He's gearing up for another big meeting which made him miss having dinner with me and Aly on several occasions, but I always tell him that we should be thankful for more work because more work means more opportunities for him to prove his worth to the company (not that he needs to, but that's coming from me, his #1 fan). His workload has significantly increased and he is now working longer hours but Richard rises to the occasion, always exceeding the expectations of the Japanese.  With his passion, drive and commitment to work, I know that he wouldn't have it any other way :)
a
a
The other night, as he kissed me good night, I told him that I'm really proud of him and his work.  All these blessings and opportunities that have come our way, he deserves them.  I know he's going to make Toyota history someday :) -- his goal is to become the first non-Japanese president of Toyota Philippines.  His Japanese boss couldn't help but smile when said this during his interview for Bangkok.  He probably smiled because he was surprised with Richard's statement and his sheer guts.  Who knows?  It may happen.  As Richard would always say, "dream big!"
  

No comments: