Monday, November 22, 2010

My Big Girl Baby

Ooops!  She refuses to be called a baby na pala.  That's because she's not a baby anymore; she's a big girl.  
a
a
She wore this to church yesterday: purple shirt by H&M, skinny jeans + belt from SM, purple ballet flats from H&M, headband from Platinum Mall.
a
a
I was a bit emotional when I finished dressing Aly.  A small tear formed at the corner of my eye when I stepped back to see how her outfit looked like.  You see, those jeans used to be this long:
a
a
November 2008 at the Emporium.
a
a
April 2009 at Hong Kong International Airport.
a
a
She's growing taller, not wider (thank goodness for that!) so her clothes just get shorter.  She's becoming more independent too!  When I bring her to school, I usually walk her to her classroom (like what most 2nd grade mommies do).  But last Friday, we were a early for school so we decided to sit and wait on one of the benches outside until they open the doors (students are not allowed to enter the classrooms before 7:25am).  When the students started going in, Aly told me that she will just walk by herself.  It's a short walk and I'm confident that she will be fine, but when she kissed me goodbye and gave me that one last look before entering the school, I felt like crying.  
a
a
This morning again, she didn't want me to walk her to her room.  When we entered the gates, I kissed her goodbye, but I couldn't let her go yet so I walked a few more steps until we reached the front door.  Before she went inside, I kissed her again and right before she disappeared at the corner, she gave me one last look as if she was telling me to go and that she will be ok.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad.  I'm a bit of an emotional wreck these days (bad case of PMS?) as I tend to cry over the smallest things -- including Harry Potter even if I'd seen the DVD many times over.  Anyway, I waited for a few seconds, went inside and took a sneaky check on her.  She didn't see me.  Hehe!
a
a
Sigh...she's growing up right before my very eyes!  And at lightning speed too! Don't grow up too fast, Babe...





No comments: