Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What I Did Over the Weekend

It took me three days to make (including an entire afternoon's worth of searching and haggling in Chatuchak for materials), but it's all worth it because this is for my mom.
a
a
A big-ass bib neckpiece :)
a
a
Inspired by the one that I bought from Manila during my last trip which, by the way, looks tiny now compared to the one I made.
a
a
It's still not perfect, but I think I did a pretty good job for a first-timer if I may say so myself :)  
a
a
These babies are completely handmade and labor intensive.  Now I understand why these don't come cheap.  Richard has been encouraging me to look for stuff to do so I won't get bored because let's face it: I can't go to the mall everyday.  Looks like this is it.  Heehee!  I told my bestfriend Pat that I will try to make more so I can bring home a few pieces when I come home.  Let's see how it goes.

No comments: