Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We Got Shot!



Immunization shots, that is. Flu for me and thyphoid (+ one more shot that I can't remember) for Aly.
a
a
All TMAP-EM employees and their families are required to get flu shots. Richard got his from their office clinic, Aly got hers from her pediatrician a couple of weeks back (even before TMAP's mandate), and I got mine last Saturday.
a
a
It was a funny experience because when it was Aly's turn, she cried and wailed like anything! I can't blame her because she had two injections (one on each arm). She knew what was going to happen so she started tearing up the moment the doctor said "ok". It was weird because the doctor was speaking to the nurse in Thai, but Aly understood what was going to happen next. The moment she saw the syringe, hala, she cried with all her might. Sabi ko nga, nabingi na kaming lahat sa room because of her crying. So when it was my turn, I had to put on a brave face for my little girl -- gotta show her that mommy's not afraid of these injections! I wasn't allowed to flinch, wince, or show any form of pain. Haha! Good thing I learned a technique back when I had my hepa shots -- you just need to relax your arm muscles and you won't feel a thing. Whew! I survived an otherwise humiliating incident. Haha!

No comments: