Thursday, September 11, 2008

Little Chef in the Kitch

If you ask Aly what she wants to be when she grows up, her answer would be, "I want to be a restaurateur". Naks! Actually, the very first time her dad and I asked her this, she said she wanted to be a restaurant, so we explained to her that restaurant is the place and the owner of the restaurant is called a restaurateur. She still can't quite get it so there are times when she would say "restauranteur". Haha! But still. Bongga pa rin ang anak ko, dba? Nung panahon ko, we only had three options: either maging doktor, abogado o pulis ka. Iba na talaga ang mga bata ngayon.

She actually has the entire restaurant all planned out -- she will name it Valdez Restaurant, she will have seven chefs, 20 chairs and 20 tables...her special dish will be spicy fish, which she will sell it for THB50,000!...I love asking her about her future restaurant because her creativity and ideas truly amaze me and it never fails to make me laugh!

Aly said that in order for her to become a chef, I have to teach her how to cook, so little by little, I'm starting to wean her on kitchen stuff. It's not difficult to teach her because she's really interested. She loves watching me while I'm cooking! She also used to be my baking assistant back home -- she'd sift the flour, count the eggs and put paper cups on the muffin pans. Last week, Aly prepared her favorite Strawberry + Banana Dessert for her daddy. As usual, the proud mommy took photos so she can brag to everyone about her little girl's latest achievement.

So without further ado, I present to you our future restaurateur!!
a
a
Hi there! I'm Aly and today, I will prepare my favorite strawberry and banana dessert!
a
a
My lovely assistant, my mom, has already prepared the strawberries for me so now all I need to do is cut the bananas.
a
a
You cut them into bite-size pieces...
a
a
...like so...
a
a
...and put them in a bowl together with the strawberries.
a
a
Then, you mix the bananas and strawberries together...
a
a
...and add cream.
a
a
You mix them again carefully, making sure that the fruits are evenly coated with cream.
a
a
Then, you add condensed milk to sweeten the mixture.
a
a
It's up to you how much milk you want to put. I want it a little sweet so I will add a bit more.
a
a
Then, you mix again to make sure that the milk is blended into the fruits and cream mixture.
a
a
This dessert is best served cold so I'm going to put it inside the ref.
a
a
I'm sure my daddy will love the dessert that I made! I can't wait for him to taste it!
a
a
A few hours later, daddy was finally home so after dinner, it was time to bring out my masterpiece.
a
a
One bowl for my dad...
a
a
...and another one for my mom.
a
a
It was a success!! Dad and mom loved my strawberry and banana dessert! Yipee!! Now it's my turn to eat :)
a
a
Clearly, this is one of our favorite homemade desserts. If you want the complete recipe, click here.

No comments: