Sunday, September 14, 2008

Krisan's New Gadget

Look at what we brought home this weekend!




A brand new electric oven!! Yipee!!!




Let's open it, shall we?




We can't wipe the smile off our faces. Can you tell that we're very excited?




*Sigh*




That's the Boss delivering...




...our new baby :)



I actually got the idea from Jenn...Remember the BBQ party that we attended a couple of weeks ago? She brought a carrot cake that day -- which she baked at home -- and it was absolutely divine! I told her that it reminded me of my favorite carrot cake in Manila; the one with the carrot sign that also sells bibingka galapong (the name escapes me now). I was dyahe to ask her for the recipe (ahem, shameless parinig to Jenn! Haha!), but I remember her telling me that she used an electric oven to bake it, because gas ovens are not allowed in apartments here. Her oven is similar to an oven toaster, only it's bigger.


Ok, this is embarrassing, but that was the first time I heard about an electric oven. Ever. Ang alam ko lang kasi was the gas oven and the oven toaster. But I'm glad she told me about it kasi ngayon nagkaron na ko ng pag-asa mag-bake! I love baking! In Manila, I would bake every weekend -- cookies, cupcakes...I even enrolled in a one-day baking class at Heny Sison's school! And my masterpiece?
a
a
Alyannah's birthday cake.
a
a
A three-layer lemon chiffon cake with sugar icing, candy sprinkles,...
a
a
...and teddy bear-shaped butter cookies with sugar frosting.
a
a
Thanks to my mom's KitchenAid mixer, I can easily bake dozens of cookies and cupcakes in a single afternoon. But I don't have that kind of equipment here and since I was super, super excited to use my new oven (as in I had to use it as soon as we got home -- yeah, I was that excited!), I had to call on Betty for help.
a
a
Yes, this Betty. Betty Crocker.
a
a
I know, it's anticlimactic pero ok na yan to satisfy my urge to bake!
a
a
You can just imagine how happy I felt when I found out that it's possible for me to bake here in our apartment! I just need an electric oven! Jenn's idea stuck with me, but I was in no hurry to buy one -- until last week. I was at Central Plaza for lunch and as I was browsing through the small appliances section (I always check out their blenders because it's the next item on my to-buy list but I still haven't found the One), I saw that their electric ovens were on sale at 50% off!!! That only meant one thing...I. Must. Buy. On that same night, while we were having dinner, I made lambing to my husband and he told me that we can buy one on the weekend. Thus, my new baby was bought.
a
a
I heart my new oven!

4 comments:

teacherpat said...

Congratulations on your new baby! We were just talking about you offering your goodies to your neighbors to meet friends diba, and you said no oven...Now you have! Now you can whip up a batch of those wonderful oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!

Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks, Pat! Oo nga, I can bake cookies at home na and we don't have to buy Famous Amos anymore. Haha!

NotASinnerNotASaint said...

good for you. now you can have your own business there to keep you busy while satisfying your desire to bake without gaining the extra weight!

Domestic Goddess said...

Right! I'm still in the process of trying out different recipes and getting used to the new oven (iba kasi ang temp + cooking time compared to gas oven) and today, I baked banana cake and white chocolate mousse. I packed them right away so Richard can bring them to the office. Pag naiwan kasi dito baka ako lang ang kumain. Haha! Dapat ganun, dispose agad para hindi ako ma-tempt.