Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Banane # 2

A few weeks after I got my hot pink Banane last year, they came out with a new collection in neutral colors.  Gigil!  It took me a while to decide if I should get another one because Richard's not really a big fan.  He likes the Longchamp Le Pliage better because he thinks it's more durable than the photo-printed Banane.  He wasn't clear though, about buying me another Longchamp.  Hmmm...need to clarify that before Valentine's Day.  Heehee!
a
a
Anyway, I kinda went behind my husband's back by sending Banana Taipei an email asking them about the availability of the new collection.  But luck was on the hubby's side because they said that they are on full production and are unable to accept any orders until after Chinese New Year.  Sad!
a
a
Two days later, I woke up with a brilliant idea -- ding! ding! ding! -- what if I make them kulit?  I'm only going to order one bag anyway.  Surely, they can squeeze me in right?  So I sent them another email -- no more going behind the husband's back this time because I told him that I plan to get another Banane, but he made me promise that this will be the last one.  They didn't accept my order right away because they had to check their stocks first.  My first color choice wasn't available, but that didn't stop me.  Oh no, sir!  Nothing stops the Krissy-train when on full shopping mode!  I was choosing between two colors then and fortunately, option #2 was in stock.  Yay!  Luck was finally on my side.
a
a
Fast forward to two weeks later, I got a little surprise in the mail:
a
a
Ok, it's not exactly a surprise because I've been tracking it online the moment they sent me the code.  Heehee!
a
a
a
a
My new baby: French Honey Camel Banane.
a
a
Now I have two "Birkins".  Haha!
a
a
P.S It really pays to be makulit sometimes lalo na if you want something really bad.  It happened to me many times before back home where the sales person will say they don't have it in stock, but sometimes they're just too lazy to check.  If you insist (with matching sad, paawa face), they will actually check and "discover" that they have it in stock pala.  Now this need not apply on shopping alone.  You can use this kulit tactic to anything in life -- goals, dreams, etc.  When you encounter some bumps and obstacles along the way, or when people say you can't do it or you can't have it, don't let it stop you.  Insist and persist!  It can make a difference :)




No comments: