Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tops Supermarket's Home Delivery Service

Y'all know that Tuesday is my grocery day.  Saturday would have been perfect; grocery shopping is a lot more fun when it's a family thing plus, I can buy an entire week's worth of groceries with Richard around to help me carry the bags.  But malls are always packed on weekends making shopping on Saturdays a terrible thing.  Grocery shopping is supposed to be fun and relaxing but with the crowded aisles and the long checkout lines, I'd rather do it alone than be stressed.
a
a
Why Tuesday, not Monday or Wednesday?  I observed that in my suking grocery, Tops Supermarket, they bring in new stocks on Tuesdays and Saturdays.  They have more cuts of meat, more veggies, etc.  I tried going on a Monday and a Wednesday, but they have better stocks on Tuesdays as far as meat and veggies are concerned.  Perfect, right?  The only problem is, when I buy on Tuesdays, there's no hubby to help me carry my grocery bags.  And no car too so I have to carry all the bags all the way to the taxi stand, then from the lobby through the parking lot and all the way to our tower.  Phew!  Sure, it's good exercise but I can't really carry heavy stuff because I will end up with either aching shoulders or a backache.
a
a
Today, however, I discovered the coolest thing in my suking grocery: home delivery!  Yay!
a
a
I signed up today for Tops home delivery :)
a
a
How it works: for a minimum purchase of Thb1,500 (Php2,100), Tops will deliver your groceries to your home.  
a
a
The only catch is, for my family, Thb1,500 is a bit of a stretch because our average grocery tab is Thb800-1,000 (Php1,100-1,400).  We don't really need a lot since there are only three of us at home.  Plus, meat and veggies here in Bangkok is super cheap!  So, I had to buy a little bit more than usual to avail the delivery service.
a
a
The best thing that happened to grocery shopping since Nutella!  Haha!
a
a
This home delivery thing is the coolest thing ever!  I registered my bags at around 2pm so I had more time to go around.  It's super convenient!  I went home relaxed and looking fresh not like lantang gulay from carrying heavy bags.  Haha!  Goodbye shoulder and back pains!
a
a
Let me leave you with something funny that I found on the flyer:
a
a
Heehee!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I wondered if any of the supermarkets did home delivery here... its one of the things i miss about the UK - better still you can do all your shopping from home!

anyway, do you how you get tops to deliver? do i need to register in store?

Domestic Goddess said...

Hi! Yes you have to register in store. Once you have paid for all your groceries, proceed to the customer service counter to register. They have cut-off periods, though. I think it's 11am, 2:30pm and 4:30pm.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Paragon's supermarket has home delivery as well but I haven't tried it. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck!