Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday Lunch Series: The Ninth Cafe

I noticed that I have a lot of photos that I have yet to share here on my blog (although some have already been posted on Facebook) so I want to start doing a Sunday Lunch Series.  Who knows, it might help someone out there who's planning to visit Bangkok.  And by someone, I mean a person who is not a friend or family member or not one of the ten people who regularly read my blog who are also friends and family.  Heehee!
a
a
Anyway, back to Sunday Lunch.  Since we hear mass at the Redeemer Church at 11am on Sundays, lunch at home was never an option.  Eating out is the only way to go.  It's a regular thing and I actually set aside a certain portion of our monthly budget for our Sunday lunches.  We usually go to our favorite restaurants, one of which is Chokchai Steakhouse, but we are also willing to try out new ones when we're feeling adventurous.  I'm going to share some of them here.
a
a
You can get great Thai food anywhere here in Bangkok.  Food stalls are everywhere and most of the malls have their own food court -- Paragon has a great one!  And you usually can't go wrong with those.  But I hate going to food courts on weekends because it's so hard to get a table and it's more crowded than usual.  Don't get me wrong; food courts are great and a lot cheaper too.  But when it's too crowded and the lines are very long, I get stressed and sungit.  I prefer to eat in restaurants where I don't have to line up and carry my own tray.  I want my food to be brought to my table so I can actually sit, relax and enjoy my meal (except for Food Loft, a sosyal food court where you order yourself but the waiters will deliver your food to your table).  Because really now, kung magpapakapagod lang din naman ako, then might as well eat at home, right?
a
a
So one of our favorite Thai restaurants is Ninth Cafe in Siam Paragon.  They serve Thai and International cuisine.  And they have great dessert too!
a
a
Sunday lunches are great for family bonding moments too!
a
a
a
a
a
Aly doing silly poses for mommy.
a
a
I actually discovered this place first and I wanted to share it with my loveys.
a
a
My sweetie always gives me the best smile.
a
a
The 9th Cafe in Siam Paragon.
a
a
Baby clams au gratin with garlic bread -- great appetizer!
a
a
Spaghetti meat sauce for Aly.
a
a
Red curry beef with rice for Richard.
a
a
Pork skewers with sticky rice for me.
a
a
Happy, happy!
a
a
Snowberry cake -- white cake with cream and fresh strawberries.
a
a
Lemon meringue pie -- I heart you!
a
a
The Ninth Cafe has branches in Siam Paragon and Langsuan.

No comments: