Monday, August 10, 2009

An Early Birthday Gift

My birthday is still a couple of days from today, but last night I received an early present. A great, early birthday gift.

Remember my ASCUS scare from last year? My OB-GYN and I have been closely monitoring it for a year now and I went back for another check up just last week. I received a call from BNH hospital last night. My test results came back. It's NORMAL :)

Thank you Lord!

I told mom right away because she’s been worried sick. Mom, you can stop worrying now. Everything’s going to be a-ok :)

My doctor told me from the start that the abnormal cells will eventually clear up on their own, but it all happened faster than I expected. I think it’s because of two things: Cervarix and mom’s prayers. Cervarix is an HPV vaccine that mom, Angel and I have been taking. It’s comes in three doses which are taken in a span of seven months. I already have the first two; the last one will be in October.

More than medicine and science, I also believe that prayers really help. A LOT! So thank you mom for your prayers. Prayers not just for me, but for our whole family as well. My mom has also been tirelessly praying for another apo so hopefully that prayer will be answered soon. Right, mom?


No comments: