Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Dinner at The Fort

Pat and I hosted a joint birthday dinner at Red Kimono. Belated for her and advanced for me :) Now, whenever my bestfriends and I get together, you know you are in for some serious, hardcore eating.
a
aWe could not have picked a better place than a Japanese restaurant that had an all you can eat promo! Wait there's more: it's not the kind of buffet where you need to stand up and fall in line to get your food; you just order what you want and they will bring the food to your table. Walang istorbo, dere-derecho ang kain at chikahan. Can it get any better than that?! You can always count on Pat to pick the best places to eat in town.
a
a
Before we started dinner, I was a bit worried because everyone said that they're not really hungry daw. Yung iba kasi galing pa sa ibang party, others came from work and had merienda just a couple of hours ago...I myself had just finished a small bag of pasencia (the small round cookies with a crispy white shell on top) while crawling through traffic from Mall of Asia to Makati. So I asked Pat if we should order ala carte instead. Baka kasi hindi masulit if we get buffet and everyone won't be eating much. To make the long story short, we ended up getting buffet (ofcourse!). Seems like I completely underestimated my friends' eating capacity. Shame on me! Haha!
a
a
Kris, Fides, Katab, Kerwin, Pat and Abi.
a
a
We decided to wait for the rest of the gang to arrive since hindi pa naman daw sila ganun kagutom. We'll see about that!n (Note: Fids + Katab, I tried to crop off as much braso as I can and this is as small as they can get na talaga. Heehee!)
a
a
Aris and Hert. Special appearance yan ni Hert kasi he's usually absent when the group goes out.
a
a
This is what we ate:
a
aFried sushi. Super yummy!
a
a
Gyoza. The best we've tried so far as a group.
a
a
Kamameshi.
a
a
California Maki.
a
a
I don't remember what this is called, but I've been craving for this since we got back here. It's salmon sushi with cream cheese. It's super duper good! Gosh, I'm craving for it again as I'm typing this.
a
a
Hinahanap-hanap ko talaga sya dito. I was in the mall the other day and I looked at a couple of Japanese restaurant menus for anything that's close to this salmon sushi. Pero wala. Pffft.
a
a
Anyway, back to my kwento: syempre may tempura din. We also had chicken teriyaki, agedashi tofu, yakitori, among others. I wasn't able to take photos na kasi I was too busy eating already. Heehee!
a
a
Aris is a happy camper!
a
a
When we realized that it took a while before our orders arrived, the group decided to order nonstop kaya nonstop din ang dating ng pagkain. Para daw hindi mabitin. Haha! I like our waiter. Mabait sya.
a
a
Hala, sige, kain!
a
a
Food and katakawan aside, what I love most about our get-togethers is the non-stop tawanan.
a
aAfter dinner, Abi whipped out her iPhone and we played Taboo. The losing team was supposed to eat all the leftovers. Heehee! I think we were the noisiest group in Red Kimono. Ang lalakas kasi tumawa ng mga kasama ko. Haha!
a
a
The gang (left to right): Fides, Krisan, Aris, Hert, Katab, Pat, Abi, Chari, Ashley, Kerwin, Ria + Richard.
a
a
After dinner, we went to Fez at Serendra for drinks.
a
a
San Miguel line-up.
a
a
Pat and I are the only non-drinkers in the group so I had a lychee shake while Pat ordered Sprite.
a
a
Our birthday cupcake. Peanut butter goodness with Reese's Pieces on top.
a
a
The birthday girls.
a
a
We are now officially 31. Ooops! Si Pat lang pala muna because my birthday is still a couple of days away. Heehee!
a
a
As always, it was another great get-together with my AC friends. The food was really good, the dessert was excellent, and the company...the best as always!
a
a
Oh, yeah...photos at Fez were taken by Kerwin and Ria. Thank you!

4 comments:

Fides said...

Yahoo!tgaL KONG INITAY TONG POST NA TO!I always anticipate what you write in your blog because it always makes me feel good after reading it. Actually, I always look forward being with all of you. We need to plan our Christmas Party na!hahaha excited

Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you Fids! Sorry nadelay ang pag post...naging busy kasi ko sa farm (Farmtown) ko. Heehee!

Yes, let's plan our Christmas party na. Ano kayang theme for this year?

teacherpat said...

okay na sana...binggit pa ang age...hahahaha....

the ceasar is worth mentioning.....pucha...natatawa pa rin ako sa taboo na yan when i remember aris and his sounds like caesar. buti na lang nadun si hert at nasilip ang word that we were supposed to guess! kundi buong gabi tayo dun at hindi pa rin namin nahulaan na ang word ay romance pala!!!!

yes, we should plan our christmas party! fids costume ulit?! hahahaha

Domestic Goddess said...

Hahaha! Oo nga, Aris and his antics talaga.

I should have mentioned your gift rin pala. The Belgian chocolate crisps -- super yummy! I shared it with my family para hindi lang sa akin mapupunta ang calories. Heehee! Which reminds me, may utang ako sayo na gift Pat :)