Monday, August 10, 2009

Uh Oh...

There was a time last week when I had a terrible backache and my dear husband ordered me to stay in bed. Aly volunteered to be my (sort of) nurse so while I was in bed resting, she was busy working on her art stuff.
a
a
I had no idea exactly what she was doing but I knew there was paper and pencil involved.
a
a
Then she showed me. Aly said she made flashcards so she can teach her future baby brother/sister some new words.
a
a
MOM'S DISCLAIMER: I absolutely had nothing to do with this. I had no involvement whatsoever in the creation process. I didn't know what Aly was doing until she showed me. The whole thing was her idea. Her's. Aly's. Not mine.
a
a
"dad" -- good!
a
a"Dog" -- acceptable...
a
a"mom" -- excellent!
a
a"Place market" -- hmmm...
a
a"Shopping" -- okay...
a
a
Hang on a minute...Say what?!?
a
a"Shopping" -- oh dear...
a
a
My sweet and adorable six-year-old thinks that shopping should be her future baby brother/sister's first word. Uh, oh...Richard, sweetie, we have a problem.


No comments: