Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting Ready for School

Aly's vacation will be over soon. She will be Grade One on Monday.
a
a
Two Thursdays ago, Aly and I went to NSIS to buy her new school uniform. She will no longer wear a dress like in preschool; she will be wearing a white shirt, a skirt and a blazer instead. When we tried them out at home, I had a mommy moment (read: I was teary-eyed) when I saw my little big girl in her new school uniform. Anyway, enough drama. Let me show you the pictures.
a
a
P.E uniform is still the same pala, but I still got her a new and bigger set.
a
a
If I had my way, I would have gotten her a bigger one because she will certainly grow bigger towards the end of the year, but Aly didn't want to "look like a boy". Gosh, hindi lang sya lumalaki, fashion-conscious na rin ang anak ko. Hehe!
a
a
Our first grader. Sigh...I'm having another mommy moment here...
a
a
Doesn't she look cute?
a
a
So adorable. Whenever she'd put on her blazer, she'd tell me: "ok, mommy, I can go to the office now." Funny girl!
a
a
Without the blazer. The skirt is supposed to be knee-length. I just finished altering her skirts the other night. I didn't cut them because I'm sure I will be altering them again in a couple of months so I just folded them.
a
a
With her new school bag.
a
a
Striking a pose for mommy. Clearly, she's happy with her new uniforms.
a
a
With a cardigan.
a
a
Feeling daw nya she's going to travel with her new school bag. Heehee!
a
a
With a vest.
a
a
Aly loves her new bag :)
a
a
My girl specifically requested for this photo so she can put it on her facebook daw. Heehee!
a
a
I'm almost done with her school preps. I just need to press her skirts today and she's ready for Monday. Yesterday, I finished labeling all her uniforms and stationery. We also practiced waking up early this week. Heehee! I guess mommy and Aly are both ready for school! I'll post pics of her first day. Promise :)

No comments: