Monday, August 17, 2009

My 31st Birthday

If Richard had his way, we would have celebrated my birthday with a nice lunch or dinner (or both!) in restaurant of my choice and a day at the mall shopping for my gift. Two weeks before my birthday, he would ask me almost everyday: "Sweetie, what do you want to do on your birthday?" "Saan tayo kakain?" "Nakapili ka na ba ng gift mo?"
a
a
I tried to make plans, but I eventually gave up. Nakaka-stress! So one night, when dear hubby came back from work, I told him: "Sweetie, I want to have a simple celebration for my birthday this year. No big production, just low key. Let's stay at home na lang and I'll cook."
"What? Are you sure? Baka mapagod ka sa pagluluto."
"Don't worry. Yung madali lang lulutuin ko. Tsaka sina Angel will be here next week. Saka na lang tayo mag-celebrate pag dating nila para triple celebration kami nila Mick and Chig."
"Okay. Pero pano yung gift mo?"
"I can wait for a few more days. Sayang din ang VAT refund."
"Eh pano yun, wala manlang akong regalo sa birthday mo?"
"O sige, punta lang ako ng spa. Yun ang birthday gift nyo sa kin ni Yan."
a
a
And yet, when I woke up last Saturday, Richard and Aly gave me these:
a
aBirthday cards (see how Aly decorated her card with stickers? Cute!)...
a
a
...another one made by Alyannah (this time she used stamps)...
a
a
...and flowers.
a
a

You might be wondering about the food that I cooked for my birthday. I prepared:
a
a
Roast beef tenderloin with mustard and herb marinade.
a
a The meat was soo tender! It was the best beef that Richard and I had in Bangkok so far. Super worth the price talaga! I was supposed to make gravy pero tinamad na ko. Lea and Perrins na lang. Hehe!
a
aFor long life: spaghetti al amatriciana.
a
aAnd ofcourse, my white chocolate birthday cake.
a
aAly chose the design for mommy's cake.
a
aShe even made a map for daddy so he'll know where to pick up the cake.
a
aHappy birthday to me! :)
a
aOakwood also sent me flowers.
a
a
It was a great birthday! I am thankful for all my blessings: my husband who takes good care of me; my daughter who is smart, well-behaved and mabait; my family, friends, my health...I can't ask for anything more! :)

No comments: