Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Barbecue sa Kanto, Coffee + A Bad Tummy

There were times when we had to "multitask" to get the most of our short vacation. One example was my get-together with my Highlands friends. What were the tasks involved? #1 to satisfy my craving for good old Filipino style pork barbecue, # 2 to try and sell them some of the stuff that I brought from Bangkok, and #3 to just hang out and catch up -- Oops, dapat pala ito ang #1. Hehe! Nauna pa ang food. Sorry girls!
a
a
Anyway, we had dinner at this new place in Tagaytay: Eli's Barbecue. None of the girls have tried this place yet so we did not know what to expect. Kaya paglapit ng waiter, tinanong namin sya: "Ang barbecue nyo ba dito parehas ng lasa ng barbecue na nabibili sa kanto?" Syempre the waiter said theirs is better kasi oriental style daw yung sa kanila. Hehe!
a
a
Another funny quote from the bibong waiter:
Krisan: "Ano yung iced tea nyo, Nestea or Lipton?"
Waiter: "Hindi po mam, imbento po ng chef namin."
Imbento? Bigla tuloy ako natakot mag-order. Heehee! But I still did and in fairness, masarap sya! It was worth it kahit mas mahal pa yung iced tea sa pork barbecue ko. Haha!
a
a
My order: oriental style barbecue. It was ok. Mas masarap pa rin syempre Aling Nene's or Inengs or the one that you can buy from Caltex/Petron at SLEX (can't remember the name but they have a stall there).
a
a
Lette's sorry looking barbecue. She ordered one stick lang kas without rice. But when the waiter brought her order, may kasamang rice. We asked him take it back to the kitchen. He probably just slid the rice off the plate kaya pagbalik, may naiwan pang konting kanin. Sana nilipat na lang nya ng plato yung barbecue. Haha!
a
a
You might think we're on a diet kasi barbecue lang ang kinain namin without rice pa. Truth be told, most of us ate dinner already. Parang after dinner snack na ito. Haha!
a
aAfter dinner, we went to Starbucks. Yes, may dinner at after dinner snack na, may kasunod pang dessert!
a
a
The cakes that they have at Starbucks now are all very pretty! Soo tempting!
a
a
Too bad I wasn't able to try them all. I really wanted to -- you know me, I'm not the type who will snub dessert (such a horrible thought!). Especially great looking ones such as these! Pero biglang sumakit tyan ko. As in I had to cut our chikahan short because I really, really had to go home already. I was having goosebumps na (yes, THAT kind of tummy ache). Good thing dear hubby was there to the rescue. Haha!
a
aOne quick group photo before I dashed to the car. Heehee! Mga nyora, I apologize for my sudden departure. It was great to see you girls again. Bawi na lang ako next time!


No comments: