Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pork Barbecue

I made three attempts during our last trip to satisfy my barbecue craving. First one was at Eli's Barbecue. I was hoping that their barbecue will be great, but it was so-so. My second attempt was during lunch with Pat at Kanin Club. I was disappointed. The rest of the meal at Kanin Club was good, only the pork barbecue was forgettable which is so unusual because I remember everything at Kanin Club to be excellent. Maybe I caught them at an off day? The third and last one was at Gerry's Grill near Mall of Asia. It was the worst.
a
a
I went back to Bangkok still with good old Filipino style barbecue on my mind. Note to self: get Aling Nene's, Ineng's or the one at Caltex SLEX next time for guaranteed barbecue satisfaction. Our next trip to Manila will be in December and that's a million months away. I don't think I can put off my craving for that long! I'll go crazy! So what did I do? I attempted to make pork barbecue at home.
a
a
Yeeaahh, baybee!
a
a
My original plan was to cook it on the grill pan, but I realized that it wasn't working. I wasn't going to get the "inihaw" look that I was aiming for this way.
a
a
So I broiled it in the oven instead.
a
a
I swear, this electric oven has been my pinak-sulit kitchen investment to date. I can bake with it, roast...and now cook pork barbecue! I use it at least twice a week. Super sulit talaga! I heart my oven!
a
a
Success! :)
a
a
I paired it pasta.
a
a
Pork barbecue + Fusilli with ham and cream = great dinner :)


No comments: