Friday, January 23, 2009

Visitors in November

Mom, Dad and my titas were here on November last year. I told you about them being stranded, but I haven't shared with you any photos of their trip. Picture taking was done only on the first and last day. The rest of their stay kasi, they went shopping on their own and I had to stay behind to do my household chores. Pfffft...Corny no? Anyway, here are the pics.
a
a
Seated, Left to right: mommy, tita Lori, Aly and daddy.
Standing, left to right: me, tita Vicky, tita Jojo, tita Wena and Jolo. Tita Vicky and tita Lori are my dad's sisters, while tita Jojo, tita Wena and Jolo are tita Lori's friends.
a
a
After Sunday mass at Christ the Redeemer church.
a
a
Lunch at some Thai restaurant at Central World.
a
a
Around Central World.
a
a
Merienda at Swensen's.
a
a
Dad and his Apple Tower.
a
a
For me: Chocolate Millionaire. Four baby scoops of ice cream, truffles, banana, whipped cream and a shot of thick, gooey fudge. Sooo heavenly!
a
a
Dinner at Curries and More!
a
a
Pomelo salad and shrimp cake.
a
a
At the Oakwood poolside.
a
a
Aly and her newfound playmate Kuya Jolo.
a
a
He always gives me the best smile when I take his pic.
a
a
Waiting for the shuttle that will take us to Central Plaza.
a
a
We're going to have dinner at Sizzler!
a
a
Short intro about Sizzler: I have always been intrigued by this restaurant mainly because there's always a long line of people outside who are waiting to be seated. As in, the other restaurants beside it can be practically empty, while Sizzler would always be packed. Richard and I thought the food there must be really good! We've been wanting to try the food but I was always turned off by the long line. Until finally, we had to no choice because tita Lori was going to treat us for dinner there. Hehe!
a
a
Tita was raving about the all-you-can-eat salad/soup/pasta/dessert bar, which comes free if you order a main dish. I saw people going crazy in the salad bar -- ang daming tao palagi and it was hard to get anything -- but I wasn't too thrilled because I'm not really a salad person. I'd rather have soup, but I wasn't happy with the choices available so this is what I got: crab salad. Parang ang lungkot ng plato ko...
a
a
...compared to my mom's plate. The dessert spread wasn't exciting either. It was actually boring (hello? puro jello lang with whipped cream on top) so I didn't bother anymore.
a
a
Hindi sila maka-smile kasi may laman bibig nila. Hehe!
a
a
Tita Vicky got soup with prawn crackers.
a
a
Inseparable: Aly and her lolo Bernie.
a
a
Si Jolo masaya kasi bukas uuwi na sila (after being stranded in BKK for more than a week!).
a
a
Hamburger steak with baked potato.
a
a
Half rack of baby back ribs.
a
a
The verdict: the food did not exactly blow me away. I've tasted better baby back ribs before. But I'm willing to give Sizzler another try. Maybe next time I should try their steak. Baka mas masarap yun. The food is pretty expensive (THB250-Thb400), but it's worth it because of the salad/pasta/soup/dessert bar. Actually, sa appetizer pa lang mabubusog ka na. Hehe!
a
a
The next day, we had to bring them to the airport. They were happy that they were finally able to go home, but it was also kinda sad to see them go.
a
a
Look at all that luggage! Isama nyo na yung bata sa harap. Hehe!
a
a
Bye, mom and dad!
a
a
When I woke up that morning, I kept telling myself over and over na susunod na rin kami after a week para lang hindi ako umiyak. But when I saw my mom getting all teary-eyed when she kissed me goodbye, I got teary-eyed too. It was a quiet ride back to Oakwood and even more quiet when we got home.

No comments: