Friday, November 28, 2008

Bangkok's Airports are Closed

I'm sure you've heard about this on the news. I've been really busy in the past weeks (more about that in the coming posts), but I figured that it's about time that I blogged about this.
a
a
Two of Bangkok's airports, Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang, are closed leaving thousands of tourists stranded -- including my houseguests. My parents and my titas were supposed to fly back to Manila on Thursday, but since all flights have been cancelled, they still have no idea as to when they will be flying back home. Hopefully the situation will be resolved by Saturday because my titas have catering jobs waiting for them when they go home. Luckily for my dad, he has nothing to worry about because my two brothers are left in charge and according to them, things are running smoothly. (Forgive me, allow the ate to brag. I'm just super duper proud of my siblings. Hugs to all of you!).
a
a
Now, where was I? Ok, back to current events. Another reason why I'm writing this post is to inform all our relatives and friends back home -- especially my lolo, titos, titas and cousins -- that WE ARE ALL SAFE HERE. PLEASE DO NOT WORRY! Because our apartment is far from the two airports. We are at least 40 minutes away. Kung dyan sa atin, kasing layo yan ng Taguig at QC. Contrary to what you might have heard or seen on the news, hindi namin nararamdaman ang gulo dito. Napapanood lang namin sa news ang mga pangyayari. Kung hindi namin nakikita sa tv, hindi namin malalaman na may gulo na palang nangyayari dito.
a
a
We are praying that the airport will be cleared soon para makauwi na sila kasi miss na miss na nila kayo jan! In the meantime, you may get in touch with them thru ym, emails, text messages or phone calls. Kung may mga last-minute bilin kayo, contact them now. Hehe!
a
a
We'll keep you posted!

No comments: