Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake

The cheesecake that I made on New Year's eve was palpak. It looked like egg tarts and it tasted like lemon squares. It did not look like cheesecake and it didn't taste like cheesecake at all.
a
a

Try to spot the cheesecake. It's those small round thingies at the foreground. Some are plain, and some had blueberry on top.




I followed all the measurements and directions, but it still came out wrong. Baka palpak talaga yung recipe (good thing I left the cookbook in my mom's house!). Anyway, to prove my theory, I tried making another batch here in Bangkok. This time, I used the Assumption Cookbook that my friends gave me for my wedding shower. I only followed the recipe for the cheesecake because I wanted to use strawberry Oreos for the crust and to top it with the strawberry flavored Nestle cream that I have in my pantry.
a
a
I used a heart shaped cookie cutter for this.
a
a
It was a success! How do I know it's a success? Because my little girl loved it and she's not a dessert person. We just ate the last slice last night (been eating it for almost a week!). I just need to make a few adjustments to make this cheesecake perfect.
a
a
You might be wondering where I got the strawberry Oreos -- I found them at the supermarket here in Bangkok. I think I bought them last year pa before the holidays. As for the strawberry flavored Nestle cream, I got them at Robinson's supermarket during my trip last November.

No comments: