Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tita Papot's Birthday

I wanted my beloved tita's birthday to be extra special, but I didn't have enough time and resources to prepare. So I baked her a cake instead.



A lemon chiffon cake made with lots of love :)
a
a
Sugar syrup...
a
a
... + egg whites and cream of tartar...
a
a
... = white icing.
a
a
White icing + lemon chiffon cake = my favorite cake and icing combo.
a
a
Piping orange decor on the cake's edges.
a
a
Look at Alyannah munching away on the cake crumbs! Ganyan din ako when I was her age. I'd watch my mom while she makes her cakes then I'd eat all the scraps. Including the icing!
a
a
Serious naman. I wonder what she's thinking. I hope that she will learn how to bake when she grows up.
a
a
Here's my creation! This was my first time to bake again after ten months so I still needed a lot of practice :)
a
a
With the cake ready, we drove to Lolo Pete's house in Taguig. I was excited to see my tita and my cousins. Aly couldn't wait to see her ate Gabbi too. Kaya lang, when we got there, nag-Christmas shopping sila. Pffft...
a
a
Buti na lang kuya Moe was there. He's such a nice kuya to Alyannah. I remember one time when Yan fell in my mom's garden, he was the first one to help her. When she was crying, he was stroking her back. When he heard me and his mom laugh about the incident (Yan wasn't really hurt, but she cried sooo loud as if she broke her ankle and we found it really funny), he got mad at us and told us not to laugh at Yan. We asked him why he got mad, and he said, "mabait talaga ko sa mga baby". To which, Yan instantly responded, "I'm not a baby anymore. I'm a big girl!" Kuya Moe is always nice to Yan even if she's masungit to him sometimes.
a
a
Finally, dumating na sila. Just in time for dinner. Yey!
a
a
Ate Gabbi had pasalubong for Aly.
a
a
Jofe, gutom ka na?
a
a
Mick: ako, oo.
a
a
Kokoy, san ba kayo nagpunta at ang tagal nyo?
a
a
The Ignacio-Manalo boys.
My cousins Chig and Kokoy, and my brothers Mick and Jofe. We all have the same middle name and surname because our daddies, who are brothers, married our mommies, who are sisters. That's why we're superclose. Isn't that cool?
a
a
The kulits. Aly with her cousins.
a
a
Chowtime!
a
a
The Ignacio Family.
Standing, left to right: Me, Chig, Kokoy, tito Jun, Gab, Jofe, tita Papot, Mick.
Seated, left to right: Aly, mommy, daddy, big Moe.
a
a
Happy birthday, tita Paps! May all your wishes come true! We love you!

No comments: