Monday, May 30, 2011

Aly's Science Fair

Sometime last week, I mentioned in my other blog that I helped Aly's homeroom teacher decorate their classroom for the Science Fair.  It really pays to be an active mommy because I was also invited to see their class in action. Here's a peek at Aly's Science Fair.
a
a
Students from other levels visit each room to explore and try out different science projects.  Here's my Aly talking to the first grade teacher.
a
a
Aly (2nd from left) and the green mountain that she painted.
a
a
Projects from her other classmates include the sun, a flower, a snowflake, etc.
a
a
The 2nd graders getting ready for their next batch of visitors.
a
a
a
With her BFF's
a
a
a
a
Aly's jumpshot.
a
a
a
a
The Amazing Facts board.  I love this!  Very informative even for grown ups like me.
a
a
Aly was in charge of the slide presentation.  
a
a
The teacher said that my Aly is a very responsible girl that why she was assigned to the slide show.  Way to go, Aly!
a
a
My girl in action.
a
a
Her other station was the soil station.
a
a
a
a
a
4th graders trying out the soil station.
a
a
Amazing creation wall.
a
a
I made these :)
a
a
a
They wrap up each visit with a short presentation from the students.
a
a
I took a video of Aly's presentation, of course!  It was her first presentation ever and I was close to tears (as usual when my little girl is on centerstage!).  Heehee!  I just had to record it for the hubby's sake as well so I was like the ultimate mamarazzi (paparazzi mommy) with a camera on my left hand and my phone on right, both taking videos.  I'm glad I used both because as it turned out, my camera wasn't able to take the video (note to self: read the manual again to learn how to operate the video function!).  It really pays to have a back up!  So I'll try to upload the video here.  Crossing my fingers that it will work!
a
a
Aly's first presentation ever.  Please turn up the volume so you can hear her more clearly.  She's the 2nd one to speak, right after the first girl makes a brief intro.
a
a
Great job there, babe!  Mommy and daddy are proud of you, love!

2 comments:

- said...

Good job Mommy Kris! Aly, you're so big na talaga :) nice to see her pics with her BFFs :)

Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks Dy! Hope Auddie's better. Hugs to our girl :)