Monday, September 21, 2009

Single Parent for a Week

The hubby is away on a week-long business trip. Sigh...this is going to be one hell of a week for me. You see, Richard's usually in charge of weekday mornings. He gets up early, prepares breakfast, and wakes up Aly as well. He only wakes me up at the last minute when Aly's ready to take a bath. Mornings are going to be tough for sure.
a
a
I'm proud of my husband and his work. I just hope he doesn't have to go on these business trips too often. I know this is all for the best. I also know that this it's not easy for him to leave me and Aly behind, but it's one part of his job that we all have to endure.
a
a
When Richard told Aly during breakfast last Saturday that he will be going away, she cried. Poor Aly was looking at me in such away that it broke my heart. It was like she was telling me to do something about it; to not let her daddy leave. But I couldn't. I just told her that daddy will be back soon. I also had to explain to her why her daddy had to leave. I also told Aly that she should be proud of her dad; they're sending him on these trips because that means he's very important to the company.

a
a
It wasn't easy having to comfort my little girl while trying to hold back my own tears. Eventually she got over it, or at least we thought she did, because that night she asked her dad: "when are you going to stop working?" I guess what she really meant by that was, "when are you going to stop going on these business trips?" Heehee!
a
a
Anyway, as a treat for our little girl, Richard told me to take Aly out to the mall for lunch on Sunday so she won't feel so sad. So after hearing mass, we headed to Central World Mall. Her restaurant of choice was Pepper Lunch. "It's my favorite restaurant, mommy!"
a
a
Aly and Mommy. She got the burger steak. She said it reminds her of her favorite Jollibee Burger Steak. Heehee!
a
a
I usually get the Hitokuchi cut steak, but I wanted to try something else naman so I got the Beef Pepper Rice. It was yummy!
a
a
Ofcourse, it wasn't the same without Richard, but at least Aly got her smile back. I wish Friday would some sooner.

No comments: