Friday, September 11, 2009

A Lesson in Procrastination

This is a lesson in not putting off for tomorrow the things that you are supposed to do for today. Case in point: ironing Aly's school uniforms.
a
a
Background kwento muna. When I'm preparing for something, I usually make a list to ensure that I won't forget anything. For Aly's school preps, I wrote down all my to-do's complete with a target date of completion. First day of school was on a Monday and according to my schedule, I should have completed all my to-do's on the Friday before that. Everything was right on schedule: skirts were altered by Monday and washed by Tuesday...notebooks and writing materials were labelled by Thursday...all except for one last thing: ironing Aly's school uniforms, which was supposed to be done by Thursday. Ironing is my least favorite among all household chores. So instead of doing it on Thursday, I put it off for Friday. Friday came and I still didn't feel like doing it. Sunday night na lang talaga whether I like it or not.
a
a
On Sunday night, after washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, I was finally ready to iron Aly's uniforms. BUT there was a problem: my steam iron won't turn on. As in ayaw nyang uminit. Ok, this particular iron is more than a year old already. I bought it from Shopwise Alabang before we moved to Bangkok. It's had more than its fair share of wear and tear. I probably dropped it around three times already. The red light that's supposed to indicate if it's turned on does not work anymore, but the iron still heats up. Also, the iron sometimes gets too hot (probably as a result from the three times that I dropped it) that I need to use a mitt to hold it. I have to admit, it's not in top working condition, but it still gets the job done. Unfortunately, just when I need it the most, my dear old steam iron died on me. Great. Of all the days when it can malfunction, it chooses to do so during crunch time. Stress!!
a
a
So off I went to Tesco Lotus for the quickest household-appliance-shopping I've ever had in my existence as a housewife. Normally, I take my sweet time with the decision-making; I don't want to be rushed when it comes to choosing my household appliances, big or small. But there's no time for sweet time this time!
a
a
Meet my new iron. Ayoko na ng steam iron, I opted for the traditional iron instead. Plus, this one is red. I love the color so binili ko na sya.
a
a
What happened to our old steam iron? Richard took care of it. The Mafia way. Hehe!
a
a In other words, niligpit nya yung lumang plantsa. Goodbye!
a
a
Sigh...if only I didn't procrastinate, I would have saved myself all that stress. So now, with my new plantsa, I'm more ganado to do the ironing. I don't wait for a big pile of clothes to build up. I allot an hour every night to do them. Now I don't hate ironing so much. Just a little na lang. Heehee!

No comments: