Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Roast Chicken

Okay, this post is not mainly about roasting chicken because I think anyone who knows her or his way around the kitchen can whip up roast/turbo/baked chicken with their eyes closed. I'm writing this post so that I can share with you a nifty kitchen tip that I learned from The Pioneer Woman.
a
a
In her blog, The Pioneer Woman used a brining bag for her turkey. So it got me thinking, perhaps I can use a ziploc bag too for marinating my chicken! When I'm ganado kasi, I would marinade my chicken in lime juice, soy sauce and pepper overnight. Good thing I saved the ziploc bags that came with the spicy chicken that I got from the Gourmet Market.

a
a
The plastic looks like this. It can hold 500 grams of chicken nuggets, and it's big enough for a whole chicken.
a
a
Just place the chicken inside together with the marinade and turn the chicken over every few hours to make sure that all the sides are marinated evenly.
a
a
Isn't that neat? So don't throw away those sandwich bags just yet! Just wash them and keep them for future re-use. You can use them to store meats in your freezer, for breading chicken or pork...just try to recycle and reuse as much as you can to help save the earth :)
a
a
Now, back to my roast chicken.
a
aI cooked it using the rotisserie function of my trusty oven.
a
a
Voila! Easy roast chicken served with Mang Tomas :)


2 comments:

NotASinnerNotASaint said...

sarap. can you sponsor a plane ticket for me para i can stay in your house and eat? samahan kita mag gym every morning. =)

Domestic Goddess said...

Haha! I wish I could Ri! :)