Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Roasted Potatoes

I'm on a roll here. More food posts coming your way :)
a
a
I had a bunch of potatoes sitting in the ref. If I don't cook them right away, I won't be able to use them for anything at all. So I used half of them for the potato salad that Richard requested.
a
aThe other half I just cut into thin slices (kicking myself here for not investing in a mandoline slicer; add to kitchen wishlist).
a
a
I seasoned the potato discs with salt and a generous amount of pepper, sprayed with Crisco, and placed in the oven until done.
a
a
Guilt-free munchies. Hehe! Compared to potato chips, that is. I loved the taste of freshly cracked pepper on this. It was yummy!
a
a
This is not the first time I made roasted potatoes. One time, I also made a garlic dip to go with the roast potatoes. It was sinfully good but this time I want to be guilt-free so I ditched the dip. There was also a time when I coated the potatoes with my homemade pesto with garlic before baking. The smell that came from the oven was so wonderful, I was in heaven! I've been looking for fresh Italian basil in the supermarket but it wasn't available. I wonder if Thai basil would work just the same. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
a
a
I love potatoes. Next, I'll try out Jamie Oliver's roast potato recipe. If it's a winner, I'll post it here.

No comments: