Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Krisan's Tonsillectomy

Ok, I'll make this quick and painless -- just how I'm hoping my tonsillectomy and recovery will be like.
a
a
I will finally part ways with my tonsils tomorrow, Saturday, 11 October 2008. When we came back from our weekend in Chiang Mai, I did not get better. In fact, last Tuesday, my husband gave me strict orders not to do any household chores and to get complete bedrest. He also said no cooking so I ordered room service.


Stir-fried chicken with garlic and oyster sauce.


Pero matigas ang ulo ko kasi I still did the laundry but ONLY because I thought I was feeling better and there were so many dirty clothes waiting to be washed! That's why on Tuesday afternoon, I was feeling worse.
a
a
On Wednesday morning, Richard brought me to the doctor for a check-up. That's when I told the doctor that I seem to have tonsilitis quite often -- like twice in six months, plus a hundred times when I was a kid -- so he asked me if I wanted to have my tonsils removed. We scheduled the tonsillectomy on 11 October and he sent me home with a prescription for meds.
a
a
There's an antibiotic, one for the swelling, a mucolytic + my regular folic acid.
a
a
Ugh, I hate drinking medicines. I really try to avoid them as much as I can because I'm allergic to certain medicines.
a
a
So there...tomorrow, I have a date with Dr. Sakka Na Takuathung. I'm not kidding. That's his real name.
a
a
See?
a
a
While a tonsillectomy is not really a big production surgery with the big incisions and all, I hope it goes well. I will be asleep when they do the tonsillectomy and I will be staying in the hospital overnight. My sister Angel said that it's a common procedure so I don't have anything to worry about. I have complete faith in Doc Angel so I'm thinking it will just be a walk in the park. Plus, Dr. Sakka Na said I can lose weight after the surgery because my throat will be painful so eating can be difficult AND I can eat ice cream! So I asked my dear husband to have a pint of Swensen's waiting for me when I wake up.

1 comment:

NotASinnerNotASaint said...

how are you now?
I hope you're feeling okay.