Friday, October 24, 2008

Homesick

I've got the blues...and it's not because I haven't done any shopping lately. We were at the mall yesterday but I did not buy anything for myself; just groceries and something for Alyannah...wala lang talaga akong gana.

Here's why.
a
a
My mom celebrated her 50th birthday yesterday and she had a party with another golden girl, my favorite ninang in the world, my tita Vicky (turned 50 on the 17th).
a
a
The entire clan was there -- except for the Valdezes in Bangkok. *sniff*
a
a




Please insert me, Richard and Alyannah in this picture.
My brother Jof sent this to me this morning and I cried when I saw it.
a
a
I miss my cute pamangkins and cousins.
a
a
I also miss my pinaka-gwapong lolo sa buong mundo -- my lolo Pete, my favorite tita Papot and my sister Angel.
a
a
And did I mention the food?!?
a
a
Ang bida sa lahat ng handaan.
Sarap kuritin ng balat ng lechon na to!
a
a
My mom's morcon.
Simply to-die-for!
a
a
No Manalo occasion will be complete without this: my lola Aning's menudo.
I can eat this everyday.
a
a
I wish we had loads of money so we can fly from Bangkok to Manila on a whim. I really felt bad that I missed my mom's big bash. Lalo na when I saw the photos.
a
a
But all is not lost, because I received a very pleasant surprise today. I was able to chat with my dad during lunch. Yeah, my dad...typing on the computer...sya mismo! Do you know how rare that is? You see, my dad is a technophobe. He learned how to use the computer just recently (sorry dad, nabuking ka tuloy) so I was really touched and surprised that he was actually chatting with me! Akala ko nga niloloko lang ako ni Jof, but I realized it was really my dad. It was such a precious moment that I keep reading his message over and over. Hehe! My dad said he misses us. Gosh dad, I miss you more! It was a short chat, but it definitely chased the blues away.
a
a
Photos were taken by my dad and my cousin Nica.

No comments: