Friday, October 31, 2008

Another Visitor from the Philippines

Apart from Halloween preps, we were also busy entertaining one of Richard's colleagues from Toyota Philippines, Alvin, who was in Bangkok for a business trip. He arrived on Sunday afternoon so from Platinum Mall, we picked him up from his hotel and took him to MBK for pasalubong shopping and dinner.
a
a
Richard and Alvin
a
a
Richard, Alvin, Alyannah + Chelsea the bear
a
a
Then we had dinner at home on Wednesday.
a
a
a
a
I prepared...
a
a
Baked Ribs with barbecue sauce...
a
a
...baked penne with three kinds of cheese -- mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan.
a
a
And for dessert, I prepared white chocolate cheesecake...
a
a
...and carrot cake.
a
a
I didn't do all of this in one day. I made the dessert a day before and the ribs were marinated two days before Wednesday. So I was practically slaving in the kitchen for three days. But you know what the best part is? Alvin loved the food that I prepared! Naubos nya yung ribs. As in! Sabi ko nga kay Richard, ganyan ang gusto kong bisita! If all our guests were like him, then I wouldn't mind working hard in the kitchen because Alvin showed that he really liked my cooking!
a
a
To Alvin, we hope you enjoyed your stay in Bangkok! See you in the Philippines!

No comments: