Monday, May 17, 2010

Steak and Salad

And so our Meal Makeover kwento continues...
a
a
During our Mother's Day lunch at Neil's Tavern, Aly had a new love for steak and she's been craving for that eversince.  So the other day, we had:
a
a
Steak with carrots and potatoes...
a
a
...salad with garlic french dressing...
a
a
...and Richard's favorite apple crumble for dessert.
a
a
I have to say that garlic french dressing is my new favorite salad dressing!   I like the light one, not the creamy kind.  One day, I will try to make that from scratch.  If you have a great french dressing recipe, please do share!
a
a
The salad consists of the ff: oakleaf lettuce, smoked ham (which I baked for like ten minutes to make it a little crispy), herbed croutons and garlic french dressing.  I made the croutons from scratch.  First, I mixed extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder (fresh minced garlic works best, but I was in a hurry), tarragon and thyme.  Then, I brushed the mixture on both sides of white bread, cut them into small squares, and baked them in the oven until brown and crispy.  You have to wait for the croutons to cool a bit, though before adding to the salad because the lettuce might wilt.
a
a
That's all for now.  I promise to share my apple crumble recipe in another post because I have a shuttle to catch in 30 minutes.  Happy cooking!
 



No comments: